End-of-year numbers are in, and Keller Williams’ continues to stand as the U.S. leader in units and sales volume. Staying unflappable in the face of inventory challenges and a global pandemic, Keller Williams agents have reason to celebrate. In 2020, they pivoted, shifted, and persisted, closing 1.2M homes for a whooping 407.4B in sales volume and earning $10.5B along the way.
“The most amazing thing about that is that you are creating more space between you and your competitors, which allows you to earn more money,” Josh Team said during the State of Your Company presentation at real estate’s biggest training event of the year, Family Reunion 2021. “You got 15.2% higher GCI in 2020 than in 2019.”
Though a winning mindset and commitment to offer top-notch client experiences, KW’s 164K+ United States and Canada agents and additional 12K+ worldwide agents put care and dedication at the forefront of their business – and buyers and sellers responded. Hard work, training, and meaningful connections are essential to building a successful business. The proof is in the results.
A Year of Production & Profitability
Holding an industry market share of 10.4%, Keller Williams agents have turned a year of uncertainty into a year of opportunity. Quarter after quarter, they solidified their no. 1 top franchise stance, and topped off the year with the most successful Q4 results in the company’s history, outpacing the real estate industry as a whole.
“We outperformed our industry again in closed transactions and associated sales volume,” said Team. “Summarizing 2020, the National Association of REALTORS® has reported total closed transactions across the U.S. up 5.6% and sales volume up 13.5%.”
United States and Canada (production in YE 2020)
- As of December 31, agents closed 1,222,377 transactions, up 7.9% over YE ’19.
- Agents closed $407.4 billion in sales volume, up 16.0% over YE ’19.
- Agents took 713,016 new listings (new market inventory).
- Agents wrote 1,350,591 contracts (projected closings), up 8.2% over YE ’19.
- Contracts written volume was $449.9 billion, up 16.6% over YE ’19.
Keller Williams Worldwide Momentum (production outside the U.S. and Canada in YE 2020)
- Keller Williams Worldwide (KWW) is home to 12,068 international agents and 251 market centers operating outside of the United States and Canada, as of December 31, 2020.
- Agents closed 40,282 transactions in YE ’20, up 24.2% over FY ’19.
- Agents closed $6.6 billion in sales volume, up 35.1% from FY ’19.
- Agents took 91,677 new listings (new market inventory), up 2.2% over YE ’19.
- Agents wrote 50,893 contracts (projected closings), up 20.1% over YE ’19.
- Contracts written volume was $6.5 billion, up 49.7% over YE ’19.
- In 2020, Keller Williams agents were 15.2% more profitable than in 2019, earning $10.5B in GCI.
- In October, Keller Williams reorganized into a new holding company structure by forming the parent holding company KWx.
- In November, the Franchise Business Review featured KW as one of the Most Profitable Franchises.
- In Q4, Keller Williams added a suite of lead generation, marketing, technology, and onboarding concierge professional services, available through the KW MarketPlace for agents to leverage.
Technology & Innovation
In 2020, agents employed technology to elevate their business, gather quality leads, and build strong referral networks. Clients scheduled 31,730 virtual tours, and 179,166 referrals were exchanged for a total of $57.5B. As of December 31, 2020 Command smart CRM-plus solution currently stands at 150,998 yearly active users.
Within Command, agents have:
- Added a cumulative 63.6 million contacts since launch in 2019.
- Generated 2,300,034 leads across Facebook and 64,145 leads across Instagram, for a total of 2,364,179 leads generated through the Campaigns applet in 2020.
- Experienced an average cost-per-lead of $1.91 in the U.S. and Canada across social media platforms.
- Created more than 2.5 million unique designs since the Q2 ‘19 launch of Designs, a real estate-centric graphic design app.
- Automated their marketing and task management by running a cumulative 28,438,698 SmartPlans since the applet’s inception.
Training & Culture
Training and culture are essential aspects of the Keller Williams experience, and both have been an integral part of agent success in 2020.
“The best part about the whole story: In 2020, you did it while living our culture,” Team said. “You created a home for building careers worth having. You were recognized as America’s best employer for diversity, new grads, women. And Glassdoor named us one of the best places to work in the country.”
Last year, KW agents…
- Received $1.5B in profit share.
- In October, KW was named on Franchise Business Review’s Culture100 awards list.
- In October, Franchise Times ranked KW No. 18 in the annual Top 200 ranking of franchises.
- In October, Newsweek ranked KW the No. 1 brand in real estate for customer service.
- In November, Franchise Business Review recognized KW as a Top Franchise for Veterans.
- In November, Training magazine recognized KW with an Outstanding Training Initiative.
- As of December 31, 58,814 real estate agents attended BOLD Digital, a re-engineered, online version of the BOLD coaching course powered by KW MAPS Coaching, the brand’s coaching division.